Some people find themselves with credit problems. These can be caused by not paying parking tickets or speeding fines. Also if you are behind in paying your utility bills this can affect and cause you to get a low credit score, which will cause you problems when trying to get a mortgage or car on finance.
You can sort credit problems yourself, by following these 5 easy steps:
- Figure out where you stand, write everything down so you know exactly what you owe.
- Try and pay off your credit card balances as soon as possible.
- Do not apply for any more credit cards or new credit anywhere
- Going forward to pay all your bills on time and do not miss any payments
- Check and double-check, if you find any errors dispute them
If you are really struggling with credit problems, and you cannot deal with it alone get some advice, We would suggest the Citizens advice, you can pop in and see them…contact them via email or by phone, there will be on-hand experts to help you with all of your credit problems.
Try and avoid any debt or loan companies that advertise on TV or in newspapers, these companies are not there to sort your credit problems, they are there to make money out of you. In the short term, your payments may become lower, in the long run, you will end up paying over the odds, so do not go near them and avoid them at all costs.
Always remember you are not alone, you are not the only person in debt. There are lots of people in the same situation if not worse. There are various debt forums that you can share experiences and chat to other people who are in the same situation as you, offering support to each other can help relieve the stress of credit problems and help you to understand that you are not alone.